Dessert ideas can be as simple as a bowl of fruit and whipped cream. Desserts are of primary significance in a meal, as they are the final opportunity to make the meal unforgettable, and impress your lover. Also, they can help you to establish a long-lasting impression that perfectly binds the whole evening together. After all, the best is forever saved for last.
There are three essential senses on which to concentrate while making dessert: sight, smell, and taste. Desserts can be served with a tiny decorative touch, or it can be molded and designed in an elegant, sophisticated fashion, forming a vivid, artistic masterpiece.
By stimulating the senses, powerful, pleasurable desires will be aroused. Foods that stimulate all five senses (i.e. sight, smell, taste, sound, and touch) in a gratifying manner are considered to be highly effective stimulants of passion. In this section, discover how to prepare several excellent dessert selections that are creative, appetizing, and effortless in preparation.
Creative Desserts or Desires
des•sert n. a sweet course served at the end of a meal. This sweet-tempered course does not necessarily need to be a type of food.
“Share a bottle of champagne, feed each other chocolate- covered strawberries, watch classic, seductive movies, or present a gift on a dessert plate.”
Dessert Artist Eye Appeal
In order to truly create a magnificent dessert, one would have to combine the aptitudes of a confectioner, decorator, famous painter, skilled architect, a talented sculptor, and worldly florist. The perfection and cultivation of the senses of sight, smell, and taste are essential during dessert preparation. Visual appeal is always foremost in the presentation of food.
Exquisite Dessert Garnishing Suggestions: Mint leaves, chopped nuts, whipped cream, sour cream, cream cheese, yogurt, cookie crumbs, crushed candy, shaved chocolate, caramel powder, and more.
Fairy Tale Creamy, Crunchy, and Meaty
Once you’ve determined the dessert, you would like to serve, think in a three-dimensional manner. Use the whole plate as a canvas for your artwork. Sauces, purées, and fruit can be arranged all the way to the rim of the plate, and thus, there are infinite methods of plate design. The plate can be dusted with cocoa powder or citrus zest. It is vital for you to be able to pick the dish up without destroying the composition of the artistic arrangement. If you would like to establish dramatic visual interest, prop tall chocolate curls or long, thin cookies next to or through the middle of the dessert.
A dessert plate is most gratifying when it contains at least three essential elements of composition:
“Something creamy, something crunchy, and something you could sink your teeth into.”
Think of your dessert as a masterpiece. Ensure that it is an exhibition of numerous contrasts: warm versus cold, soft versus crisp, sweet versus tart, and rich versus lean. The simplicity or complexity of a completed, plated dessert altogether depends on your expectations of the finished culinary fairy tale.
This website possesses a magnificent collection of stunning, vivid dessert garnishes for your fairy tale dessert recipes.
Magical Mini Casting Baking and Pastry Molds
The world’s indubitable infatuation for desserts translates beyond the mere consumption of heavenly food: we crave to hold it, shape it, mold it into pieces of exclusive art, celebrate with it, color it, flavor it, melt it, and show it off! Overall, we are proud of our addiction to desserts.
There is an undeniably enchanting element in the use of dessert molds as a casting craft. There is a wide array of dessert molds, ranging from modern to architectural designs. Using molds to compose clean-lined geometric shapes is one of the quickest ways to create chic, trendy expressions of your artistic culinary capabilities. It won’t take long for you to discover the never-ending possibilities of dessert composition, using an assortment of individually sized geometric rings, ovals, and squares.
- Mini Tartlet Molds: Primarily used for petit four pans and small cakes.
- Mini Fluted Tart Pans: This fluted tart tin is simply wonderful for the preparation of fruit tarts and petit fours; it can also be used to create mini cakes.
- Mini Brioche Pans: These pans are ideal for producing chilled appetizers and desserts.
- Stainless Steel Molds: Shape dazzling desserts and picturesque mousses with this heart-diamond, and square-shaped molds. Round molds are also fairly common. These molds are typically crafted of durable, food-safe stainless steel.
- Mini Pyramid-Shaped Molds: Using a mini pyramid-shaped frame will add an innovative dimension to your vertical and 3D culinary triumphs. Pyramid molds are excellent for a multiplicity of uses, ranging from baking cakes to molding and layering foods (particularly desserts). Add a compelling twist to your magnificent dessert creations, and impress your guest with the enchanting results of these pyramid molds!
- Baba Pans: These pans are typically used to craft miniature cake bowls (cakes that, after baking, are used to encase a filling, such as strawberries). On most occasions, the materials used to manufacture these cake molds are aluminum (hard anodized and silver anodized, which both resist rust, peeling, etc.), stainless steel, non-stick metal, silicone, and glass.
Try using these exciting combinations, or release your creative persona throughout the design of your dessert. Allow your imagination to be your fundamental source of guidance.